Thursday, December 18, 2008

How do you deal with it???

My tree...


My happy place...

My street...

Dealing with it...


If the pictures don't say enough this is what it is...

I am a Texas girl. I think the snow is pretty to look at. I like to ski and run in the snow. BUT, I'd rather be on the beach with the sun beating down on me!!! I can't drive in this stuff (neither can any of you -obviously :) and I feel like I'm trapped in a bad snow globe when I can't even see the sky or the sun! But what do you do?
We are staying in, watching Christmas movies, eating cookies, and making gingerbread houses and trains!
Next week is Christmas break and I could use some ideas of how to keep my kids entertained enough to keep them from fighting!

If you've got something good (that we can do at home), let me know what it is!

6 comments:

Chanté said...

You and your mom always have the best trees. I hate the snow so bad...so, so, so, bad. I don't have any ideas on what to do for kids...but I say you hit the tanning bed and dream of the beach. That's what I'm going to do!

J Glazier said...

Oh Tanning Bed for SURE!! Make yourself a pinia colada and my kids are playing pretend beach with beach towels swims suits and all!

Anonymous said...

I love the Texas tree!

We eat lots of good food. Have lazy movie days and let the kids trash the house then yell at them and send them to their rooms so we can clean it up. Sounds like Christmas break to me!

Holly said...

Build a fort:o) Our kids LOVE forts, especially when I'm helping make the mess!

The Welsh's said...

I say we all need a vacation to where ever that picture is. I HATE the snow too, odd we all live here though. Tanning bed sounds like a good plan to me too! You're kids are so cute in front of their little ginger bread train. Love the tree!

Gail said...

We usually have a camping day. We set up the tent and let them even sleep in it, if they want. We roast marshmellows in the fireplace and tell stories. It is pretty fun