Monday, March 23, 2009

March Madness

I know I sound like I'm having a sale, but I'm not. Just a lack of creativity! This month has been full of fun stuff, but I haven't taken the time to record it. My birthday was on the 3rd and even though I was a little out of commission, my super amazing friends all showed up at my house to surprise me with this token of true love called "Double Fantasy Fudge"...

I know, I have really great friends!!!

Caleb's 6th birthday was on the 16th. Birthdays turn into more of a week long deal at our house. He got to take treats to school and his whole kindergarten class made him a birthday card! They are really funny, nothing like kindergarten artwork! He said his teacher even gave him spankings (pretty sure that's against the law, good thing I'm not one to freak out about the little stuff)!! We had a super fun friend party at classic skating! We wore them out and sugared them up! It was like a flash back with the whole roller skating, disco lights, arcade thing, but they loved it!



My parents had a b-day dinner at their house with his favorite dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, cake and ice cream, way too many presents, and one really out of tune version of the 'Happy Birthday' serenade!



We ended the week with a trip to "Ogie Ogie" with Grandpa Paul and Grandma Connie...



Jackson had his first ever "Blue and Gold" boy scouts banquet. He got to make and decorate his own cake. He was so proud of it! (Most of the cakes did not look like they were made OR decorated by little boys though... some moms!)




The last thing I will post about march was this cute field trip we took to Macy's grocery store with our little joy school group. Who knew macy's could be so fun! They got to go behind the scenes of all the different departments. I really could have missed out on the meat dept. though! Raw meat gives me the dry heaves and chills! Good thing it ended in the bakery! The smell of heavenly fresh bread made it all better!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Did he really get spanked at school??? That's funny that it didn't even faze you:o) And...Happy Belated Birthday to you! That cake looks delishiously dangerous!

Michelle C. said...

Happy Late Birthday, girlfriend. Miss you too!! After touring Maceys, I swore I wouldn't buy their produce.

Sabine Berlin said...

M told me they had a spanking machine at her school too. Weird. Happy late birthday to you and Caleb. Jackson's cake looked awesome. As always, sure miss you guys!