Friday, January 14, 2011

We made it!




Yeah, we finally made it here to El Paso! I would have never in a million years thought that I would live here, but obviously I'm not in charge! Since last August Joe has been coming here by himself all week to work and it's just so great to be together! Caleb used to pray that we could be a "whole big family again" :)!

Christmas this year went by too quick with us being so focused on this move! We had movers coming the morning of the 27th so by 1:00 am our house was cleared out of any possible sign that Christmas had come! That's a first!

That whole next was such a blur! Movers were at our house packing up everything in their path. I had explained to the kids that if they didn't want certain things packed they had to keep them in our designated "safe zone"/ the hall bathroom. That stuff would either be packed last or we would take it with us on our trip. Jackson and Ainsley drug everything they owned to the bathroom thinking that if their stuff didn't get packed, maybe we wouldn't have to move. Caleb on the other hand, kept coming to me telling me that the movers kept taking all his stuff and he couldn't find anything. Like those guys would want a pillow pet! That kid never listens :)!

It was not a week I ever want to repeat! Jackson did nothing but sob all day and all night! By the time the movers were done, I just through the rest in the van and took off! It had already been the longest drug out goodbye ever!

We had a day to get the lay of the land, unpack our utensils, and get registered for school before the rush of a new week in a new place began. The kids' school is mainly Hispanic, 95%, so it was no surprise when Caleb introduced himself to his class as being new here from America! Nice! Great way to start it all off, offending everybody! Lucky for that kid he wins everyone over with his witty sense of humor and smile!He has already made several friends :). Jackson is still adjusting. He has a good friend in his school class that is also in his primary class. That just doesn't happen here in Texas, so I know he's being watched out for. Ainsley has loved switching to all day kindergarten to my surprise, but really misses her old primary teacher Sister Bancroft! She has also loved trying to decorate our new house...



As for me, I am looooving the beautiful sunshine!!! It is hard to be so far from our family and friends, but I am happy for this new adventure!!!

5 comments:

Chanté said...

I'm so glad you blogged. Sure miss you guys. Summer can't come quick enough. Love ya.

Becca said...

Reading this made me happy. We were just talking about you today and about how jealous we are of you and all the sunshine. I know you guys are being watched out for. We miss you!

The Welsh's said...

I was just thinking of you and calling you (I'll call next week) but I'm missing ya'll tons! Glad things are getting off to a good, and some what humorous, start. I seriously can't wait til summer! Love you TONS!

The Hanveys said...

SO glad you posted this! I was wondering how you were doing. Miss y'all tons! Love ya!

crystal said...

I LOVED Caleb's comment...I was totally cracking up! We will sure miss you guys!!