Saturday, February 5, 2011

What's that sign say mom?




Miss Ainsley has been talking about signs in her kindergarten class and of course she's totally into the signs everywhere. I'm feeling a little more like rain man lately reading the signs as we cruise through town. This would be a bad time to visit Vegas :). Anyways, after 3 days couped up in the house together for "snow days" (biggest joke) we spent most of the day out at a favorite park. It has a skate park, ball fields, trails to run, and a few playgrounds. We loaded up the bats, balls, gloves, scooters, and skateboards for the day. Obviously we parked in a different spot this time because the first sign we see says "Beware of Snakes". The kids are all looking at it asking me what it says. "Oh, it just says that sometimes snakes sleep here at night after the people leave". Not exactly a lie, but we had already gone in and out of the house a few times to get all the garb and I didn't see a snake anywhere. Still, that's a first! Next time I'll bring Diggidy with us just for fun :).

A few weeks ago we hit the local Academy and loaded up on baseball gear. I'd been craving some catch with my boys! It's so funny how I found myself saying all the same things my dad used to say to me.... "get under it!", "don't be afraid of the ball", and "keep your elbow up". It's so fun! Caleb has got a great arm and most of it comes pretty natural to the kid. It's going to take a little work for Jacks to get a good pitch down, but he rocks at nailing a catch!



Joe headed up the mountain bike trails today and a few of the super heroes in their matching neon shirts kept asking Joe if he was cold since he was only in shorts and a regular t-shirt that he did not have to paint on himself. Wimpy Texans!
Anyways, we learned the hard way that Saturday was not a day to run around town. It was such a great day! I love that the mountain trails are at the end of the street, and that there are so many great parks! Wildlife and all :)!

3 comments:

The Hanveys said...

Look at that form! Caleb's definitely got the Weber genes. :) I miss y'all and this makes me want to move to Texas SO BAD! Love you!

Erin M said...

I haven't checked your blog since you left and I admit I am getting a little choked up. I sure miss you!!! I'm so glad everything is going well. Enjoy the sunshine!

The Welsh's said...

Caleb's a natural and Jacks will get it! My favorite is the sign, it's probably a sign that should be posted everywhere for west Texas but at least it's at the playground. We miss ya'll tons! I'll post tonight after Kallie's in bed! Love ya!