Monday, April 4, 2011

"Mornin Scorpion!" by ME


(photograph also by ME)

Just this morning I was inspired to write this cute little story...


One Monday morning a little boy runs into his parents bedroom and says "Hey mom! I'm pretty sure there's a scorpion in my bathroom"!

The dad says "no there's not, just get in the shower!"

The mom jumps out of be to go see it :). She is not afraid.

The dad comes down the hall sporting his church shoes, no socks, and g's. He's not showing off, but just wants to see what the fuss is.

He finds the mom has cornered the scorpion using her bare hands :). She tells him to get a jar. The dad says, "what for?!?". She says, "it's cool, I want to keep it". The dad shakes his head and heads downs stairs. He slowly comes back with a big jar, lid, and a huge thing of bug spray :).

The mom says, "I had it, but you were taking quite a while, and now I don't know where it is. She calmly turns around and asks him to look on her back and in her hair. He backs away from her and without even looking says, "nope".

She laughs, grabs the jar, and scoops up the evil scorpion trapping it inside! The children are in awe! The dad, not so much. He takes his big gallon of bug spray and squirts enough poison to kill an army of man eating scorpions into the jar.

Mom makes breakfast. Mom dresses and feeds the children. Mom makes lunches. Mom takes care of the dog and cleans the kitchen. Mom drives the children to school and returns home. Dad is there still. This time he has clothes on. He says, "I called a pest control service and they will come tomorrow". Mom says, "great job! way to take care of our family :)! what would I do without you!"

The dad smiles. He knows he has done a good thing. The mom kisses the dad and sends him on his way!

The End

5 comments:

mom said...

Does this not bring back many deeply burried memories of Plano, Texas!!!! We actually had to move from that house because of those creatures...which was not the normal case at all...the bug man should do the trick. Meanwhile...teach the kids to tap out their shoes before putting them on & never leave their clothes on the floor and then put them on...also always make your bed! (just made that one up!)
love Nana!!

crystal said...

Love your "story"!!! You crack me up! I would not be so calm to find one of those babies in my bathroom...glad you had the guts to take care of it :)

Becca said...

That story was a great way to start my day! You crack me up! I miss you!

Erin M said...

I love your story! I have a story of my own to tell you. I was not so brave:) I'll call you soon...today we find out pink or blue...By the way the mom in your story sounds awesome! I miss her!

LaurieJ said...

Oh my gosh. Girl, you are a hoot!!
I miss you so much :-)
Tell joe,er, Dad good job. Haha