Monday, May 25, 2009

Time for a "summer pet"...

Ains was bored the other day so I broke out some craft stuff and let her go to town on some rocks we so kindly removed from our neighbors yard (they have lots :). She made her "very own pet" and made me feel just a little sorry for my kids!



Then Jacks asks me if we can get a "summer pet". We obviously don't seem to have a great track record with animals and the poor kid knows it! Playing it safe he asks for one of these...



We got this whole set up including two little dwarf hamster guys for $20!




I've been told they don't live too long and they seem to be really low maintenance. I think we've found the perfect summer pet!
So far the kids are having a blast with them! They put them in their little balls to race and let them climb all over them (yuck!). Caleb already learned the hard way (with a microscopic bite on his little finger :) that he can't play with them too much. I still haven't even held them and hopefully I will not end up having to search for them! I'm not too worried... I have this really great attachment on my vacuum that could come in handy :)!

1 comment:

The Hanveys said...

That rock 'pet' ainsley made cracked me up. I hope all goes well with your summer pets and that you don't have to use the attachment on your vacuum. :)