Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hot "Diggidy" Dog!


Third times a charm right :)...

We are catchin some flack for going down the dog route again, but I promise :) this one's gonna work out!

Here's how it all started...

So a friend asks me to watch her 3yr old little boy. She doesn't tell me it's his first day in underwear (that is a whole other story) and that he's a little mischievous. OK, he's 3, I'll call it curious. He's a sweet little boy, but he was really into our latest summer pet - the hamsters. He kept trying to manhandle the little guys and didn't seem to get the whole "be gentle thing". Reminds me of 'Of Mice and Men'! So I stashed the whole cage in the office and got the playdoh out thinking he would go for that. Soon after, my own two youngest get in a little fight (summer is so much together time :). I send the main culprit to 'His' bedroom to cool off. After I gave him a minute, I went to his room to talk to him. The talk only took like 2 min. We both have ADD, no sense in dragging it out! When I came back out, Ains was still up to the counter with the playdoh, but the other little guy was gone! I searched the whole house except for the office. I had closed the door earlier and it was still closed so I thought for sure he wasn't in there. I was wrong! I Caught him with a hamster in each little fist! Sneaky little guy :)! He dropped them back in the cage and slammed the door (kids are so funny when they know they are caught :). Anyways, Jacks came home about 2 min later and got right to work on his chores. First up on the list was cleaning the hamster cage (can you tell where I'm heading with this). To make a really long story shorter, we ended up having a funeral on the side of the house followed by a quick refresher lesson on the plan of salvation. The poor kid was in hysterics!!! He spent the next 3 days on the KSL website looking for a 'replacement' pet. It was driving me insane, because he has dyslexia and can't read very well yet and he was hollering for help every 2 min. I was very patient :),but I sure didn't get much done!

The funeral was on Mon. and I left Thurs. evening for a race hoping that it would have all blown over by the time I got home on Sat.

By Sat. evening I took Jacks with me and bought him this adorable little dog! His name is Diggidy and he' a Chaweenie. A chihuahua and a mini weenie dog mixed. Serious! Anyways, I told him that it was really important to read to this kind of dog, and being the obedient angel child that he is, he does it! Jacks hates to read because it's such a challenge for him, so it's working out to be a great thing!

So far the little guy is rockin the house training! Ains is warming up to him since he's cool with being wrapped in a blankie and stuffed in a doll bed. And he has been a great reminder to Joe and I of how great it is to be out of the 'up half the night with a baby stage'!

Things always work out for the best right :)!!!

5 comments:

Tennille said...

Ok, I am totally not a dog person, but that dog is just precious! And I love that you're getting Jackson to read to him. What a great idea!

Sabine Berlin said...

Good luck. Hope all goes well. I love that the dog is a Chaweenie! What a cool name. L wants to get a dog and name it Racetrack, so we may be joining you in the pet owning ranks soon.

Becca said...

He is so stinking cute! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

The Welsh's said...

He is such a cute little guy! I'm so glad Jax has someone so wonderful to read to, that he doesn't feel judged by at all. That's such a great idea!

Steph said...

That is so hilarious. Not that you had to have a funural for your pet, but a chaweenie? Are you kidding? Your kids are so cute!