Sunday, October 11, 2009

I love this little guy...



But, I absolutely HATE it when he gets sick!! Not because he whines or moans, or even complains at all. He is actually the sweetest little angel! He goes from the tasmanian devil to a little bundle of blankets with a sweet little smile poking out the top. He's full of "thanks mom" and "I love you too mom". He even takes a nap (which he quit doing at the age of 2)!
In the past, him being sick was always a scarry deal usually involving a 3 am trip to the emergency room! The kid has had more than one brush with death since his birth! So, yesturday when we get home from church and he says "I'm not feelin so great"; I immediately start the routine of home remedies and swear to myself that I'm not taking him to primary in the last 3 months of the year again! What is wrong with people?! Don't they know that having a sick kid is the best excuse (I mean reason) to stay home and watch sacrament (or even football) on TV! I'm all for it!!!
ANYWAYS... my purpose in writing this is because I'm so grateful and relieved that during FHE tonight, he started teasing the dog and making the calm and peaceful moment out of control, once again.
See... I am grateful for the stressful, crazy feeling I get when he's running circles around the kitchen at the speed of light, leaving catastrophic messes behind!
I know I will have to remind myself I said that... just a few times tomorrow. Crazy me! I'm keeping him home just one more day to be sure (and to have a good excuse to cuddle up on the couch and watch cartoons again :).
I love being a mom!

1 comment:

The Welsh's said...

He is such a sweet little guy, to be honest all your kids are sweet little kids. Jax, Caleb, and Ains are all such sweet little things in their own ways. I miss them so. We'll be around more next summer hopefully, and be able to make time for others. Pathetic excuse but I'm in desperate need of being involved again! Love ya'll!!! Fabulous picture! I'm sooo impressed by you! You're simply amazing Mel!