Friday, July 23, 2010

Pretend this is Me! But for real!


It took me a minute to remember the correct address for this blogspot thing, but I did it :). I was thinking the other day that I am gonna have to get back to doing this since we are moving to Texas and all my family is here in Utah. Might as well start today since my morning has been totally blogworthy!

I went for a run up the canyon with my overly dedicated (but exactly what I need lately :) running partner, and you are seriously not going to believe me, but I was totally attacked by a huge Eagle!!! I know, your thinking...she has lost it and really needs to start sleeping at night! But it is TRUE!

It was a little cold and windy this morning, so I put a long sleeve top over my tank to start and part way up the trail I decided to take it off. So I stop and raise my arms to pull it off, when I hear this crazy loud screeching! Straight ahead there's this massive bird coming off the cliff right at me. It took me a sec to register that its flying fast right at my face. I tried to duck down and it slammed into me knocking me back a few feet! I got road rash up my leg and back and skinned up my hand and elbow to prove it!

The crew of super hero bikers guys in their matching tight blue shirts totally stopped and got off their bikes even. Usually they are completely annoyed by us runners and would just rather run us down, so I was surprised when the second crew of super heroes stopped too!

I'm still thinking "WHAT THE"... when one of the guys says "what was that?"! Out of my white trash mouth comes "some crazy ass hawk"! Not until one of the guys starts busting up do I snap out of my horror movie trance and start laughing myself! Weird thing was that the bird was still sitting on the trail a few feet away just screeching all crazy like at me :). Two of the super heroes must be like nature reserve guys or something because they confirmed that it "was indeed" a golden eagle.
Whatever that meant, I was out of there! I hopped up and took off up the trail while all 8 of those men, that didn't even offer me a band aid out of their secret bike packs, just stood there looking at the golden eagle!

Super weird! I'm still debating on if I should call my aunt Dana who knows all kinds of crazy witch craft kind of info what kind of a omen it is!

Enough blogging. I gotta get back to de-junking my house before the movers show up and don't know where to start!

Oh yeah, and we just found out last week that we are moving to El Paso,Texas!!!

What a week :)!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Wow! So sad to hear you're leaving, but good luck.

What a crazy story with the hawk!

Sabine Berlin said...

So crazy! I am so sad you are moving. Have you sold your house? Take care of yourselves!